I have the biggest sweet tooth! And I know I’m not alone. It’s so easy to be attracted to sugary treats. As much as I love cookies and cakes, I’ve come to point where I simply want to have better over all health. Eating too much sugar has many harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases.
So about a month ago, I decided to make a it a goal to cut down on eating sugar. I’ll still never turn down dessert for a celebration! But my goal was to take most of the unnecessary sugar and bad carbs out of my diet on a day to day basis. So here’s my four week plan on how to stop sugar cravings and how I felt while I was doing it.

Breaking Your Sugar Addiction A 4-Week Plan To Stop Sugar Cravings
Credit: yesmissy.com

How to stop sugar cravings in 4 steps

Week 1 – Cutting down on the portion of sugar I eat

For the first week, I planned to still allow myself to eat whatever goodies I wanted, but I would restrict myself to a single serving portion amount. So instead of eating 10 cookies, I would eat just 1 or 2. Also, I made sure I had 3-4 good meals a day. Making sure I had my solid meals would keep me full throughout the day and prevented me from wanting to snack on sugary treats.
How I felt about week 1:
This week was certainly good practice for my self control. A few times, I did eat an extra cookie, but I didn’t let myself over indulge either. Learning self control was much more difficult than I thought, but it was a good lesson to learn and put into practice.


Week 2 – Stop eating sweet treats

During the second week, I planned to start cutting out obvious sugar culprits such as cookies, pop, candy etc. from my diet. If I was having a bad sugar craving, the plan was to eat fruit instead, so at least I would get the sensation of something sweet and still benefit from eating something that would actually be healthy for me. Like the first week, keeping a regular schedule 3-4 solid meals a day is important.
How I felt about week 2:
I felt pretty good this week. I really didn’t have any cravings for junk food at all to be honest. It felt really good to be eating solid meals and snacking on fruits. Continue Reading  >> Page 2

Post Tags:

No Comment to " Breaking Your Sugar Addiction A 4-Week Plan To Stop Sugar Cravings "