The three most common comments I get from moms who begin training with me are:
  1. I don’t have much time to spend working out.
  2. I want to lose weight.
  3. I want to tone up.
I tell moms all the time that these are easy fixes that can be done in as little as six weeks if they can stay on track. Not falling off track is the hardest part, but if you can do it, you can get results.
Transform Yourself in 6 Weeks

Exercise: The training program should consist of full-body workouts that incorporate a conditioning exercise like sprints, a 400-meter run, stairs or plyo jumps. Conditioning exercises will speed up your heart rate and therefore your metabolism. This will ignite your body and you will burn calories at a very high rate, both during and after your workout.
Looking for a great full-body workout? 
I have my moms do at least five exercises over 3-5 sets per workout that target the entire body.  These workouts only take 20-30 minutes to complete!  20-30 minutes per workout is all it takes to get in great shape.  Don’t tell me you don’t have time to train.  Eject from your Facebook and Instagram feeds for thirty minutes and train.
I don’t use machines. All workouts incorporate some combination of kettlebells, dumbbells, sandbags, sleds, TRX, muscle ropes, med balls and more. I look at it like this: you are the machine.  You should use free motion movements that don’t lock your body into a machine’s pre-programmed range of motion. Machines limit your ability to use multiple muscle groups. Workouts become more effective, faster and more fun when you become the machine.  Become the machine!
Nutrition: The other big lesson I try to instill in moms is that they have to be accountable for what they eat.  Diet is by far the number one reason why a lot of moms stop training. They don’t see results within the first couple weeks of training, decide that it isn’t for them and walk away. When I ask them what they are eating they say: “All good things.” So they think. Many times, I can only shake my head when I ask them to write down everything that they eat in a day and show it to me. Either they are over-eating, not eating enough or just plain eating junk. When you train three to five days a week and stay on a healthy eating plan you can get results, without a doubt.
I like my moms to track calories with mobile phone apps. This keeps them from cheating and let’s them track and see just how many calories they consume in a meal or snack.  I also advise them to include a cheat meal from time to time. This isn’t a full day of cheating; just one meal for the day every four days or so.  The cheat meal is a reward for staying on track.
Drink plenty of water. If you are having trouble drinking water, just add something tasty to it like fresh organic fruit or even Crystal Light.
Life: I tell my moms to find an event like a class reunion, wedding or otherwise that they want to look good for. Write it down and keep it fresh in your mind. This will help your motivation and prevent you from throwing in the towel.
These tips and principles will help you to drop inches and get in the shape you’ve been dreaming about for so long. Just remember how to stay on track and give yourself a timeline or concrete event that you are working toward. Source: skinnymom.com

Post Tags:

No Comment to " Transform Yourself in 6 Weeks "