16. Roll your nail polish bottle instead of shaking it to avoid air bubbles.
Hold the bottle between your palms and rub your hands back and forth to stir the polish without creating bubbles.
17. Loosen a stubborn nail polish lid by soaking it in hot water.
Place the nail polish bottle upside down in a cup. Fill the glass with really hot water just high enough to cover the lid but not high enough to soak the bottle of paint (hot water can tamper with the consistency of the polish). Wait a few minutes, remove the nail polish bottle from the glass, and then open the loosened lid.
18. Unscrew a tight lid by wrapping a rubber band around the handle for better grip.
Wrap a large rubber band around the top of a nail polish bottle before trying to open it. The rubber will provide a better grip for twisting.
19. Spread petroleum jelly around the lip of the bottle before closing it to prevent the polish from drying shut.
With a cotton swab, wipe a small amount of petroleum jelly into the ridges on the top of the bottle. This will make it easier to open the next time and prevent it from sealing shut.
20. Store your nail polish upright in a box with painted stickers on top to indicate the colors.